So the 0.8.0 will be out in autumn/winter of 2013.
Many people would like to know what exactly will it bring?
Well this post is here to tell you what we expect from the new update!
The Following Things May Come Out Soon:
- Camera implementation -At the Minecraft Pocket Edition panel at MineCon 2012, as well as one of Jbernhardsson’s livestreams, it was stated that future plans include trying to have a proper use for cameras, perhaps an easier way to take screenshots and share them with others.
- Infinite worlds – At the Minecraft Pocket Edition panel at MineCon 2012, it was stated that future plans include trying to implement infinite worlds.
- Redstone – At the Minecraft Pocket Edition panel at MineCon 2012, it was stated that future plans include implementing redstone.
- Sky additions – Jbernhardsson tweeted that the changes to the sky in 0.6.0 were only the first iteration, and he has plans to implement more features like sunrise/sunset and stars (to bring it closer to the PC version).
- Customizable skins – Jbernhardsson tweeted, in response to a question, that customizable skins will be available soon.
- Caves – Jeb stated that caves may be available as an option the user can toggle in later updates.
- Replacement of the Nether Reactor- Johan mentioned on the issue tracker that the Nether Reactor may be replaced in the future. However, if the Nether does get implemented, it will most likely be next year because of preparations for the Beta Release.
- Foods – Johan mentioned on the Live Stream “Minecraft Pocket Edition MCO Beta” that in a future, more foods will be added.
- Wolves – Johan mentioned on the 0.5.0 livestream that wolves will possibly be added in the future
- Breeding – Johan answered a question that Breeding will be added in a no-distant future (possibly this year)
- Endermen – Johan mentioned in the Live Stream Minecraft MCO Beta that Enderman will be added soon.
- In-Game Music – Johan (Livestream) answered in a question that In-Game Music will be added for the next 4-5 updates more.
- Enchanting – Johan said in the Live Stream Minecraft MCO Beta “I think we will get that in the future”, it is planned but he isn’t sure if he can implement Enchanting.
Now time to watch a video on the upcoming updates for 0.8.0 and beyond!
Thanks for reading this post!
Please leave your comments below!